Studies have shown how constant stress can negatively affect the digestive system and trigger anything from weight gain to IBS to indigestion. Continuous stress may also suppress immune cells to work at optimum capacity. However, did you know that long-term stress can increase your fatigue? Our internal body clocks may become disrupted when the stress hormone cortisol is continuously released. This can lead to chronic fatigue and tiredness even after a good night’s sleep.
Now in these unprecedented times, stress management is more important than ever.
• Regular Exercise ( checkout ‘YouTube’ for inspiration)
• Eat foods rich in Vitamin C (berries, kiwi, leafy greens, colourful fruit & veg)
• Increase Magnesium & Zinc (raw and dry-roasted nuts, pumpkin seeds, whole grains, lean meats, poultry & seafood)
• Engage in a favourite hobby or take one up
• Download Relaxation apps
• Meditation & Breathing exercises (‘YouTube’ again is a good place to start)
• Engage in and enjoy the family time
• Put a time limit on watching the news
• Avoid screens just before going to bed
• Engage in laughter